RENAME9: Simple File Rename Tool
HOWTO prefix filename with filedates and more
I was to rename a lot of images, prefixed with its exif datestamp.
There is a very good tool which does the job, ExifTool
, but I found it a little cumbersome to just rename the files.
The result of my effort was this simple rename9 tool.
rename9 -dp -dt=Exif -de -s *.jpg
- rename all images from IMG_1001.jpg to 120101-1200_IMG_1001.jpg
perfect for sorting images from many sources
rename9 -i *.jpg
- shourtcut for the above
rename9 -magic *.
- try to find magic number inside file and rename to known file extensions
rename9 -s *.jpg
- rename "My Filename with ÅÄÖ.jpg" to My_Filename_with_AAO.jpg
rename9 S1=S2 *.jpg
- renames all strings "S1" in *.jpg filenames with "S2"
rename9 -install[="--images *.jpg"]
- install rename9 as context directory menu handler with default options "--images *.jpg"
Download / Install
- get RENAME9
- Extract the rename9.exe (1 file) place it whereever and run (from command line)...
- Install rename9 with chocolatey package manager:
choco install rename9 -s https://chocolatey.commercior.com/chocolatey
- Update rename9 with:
choco upgrade rename9 -s https://chocolatey.commercior.com/chocolatey
Version / History
- 2021-jun-18, version 0.6
- with -magic option, if there is no extension try to read magic numbers from file header
- 2020-aug-20, version 0.51
- with -nice option, do not prefix images with date if there is no exif dates
- 2020-aug-08, version 0.5
- -st --set-time set-file-time, use rename9 to set the file-timestamp
- 2020-feb-06, version 0.41
- -ss --suffix_size option for image files
- 2017-dec-30, version 0.39
- updates web with latest fixes
- 2015-jul-30, version 0.30
- more options, see --help, bug fixes
- 2014-dec-03, version 0.19
- more bug fixes,
- 2014-mar-10, version 0.16
- -fdff|--folderdatefromfiles: update folder date to median of file dates
-ts|--time-shift: apply delta time on -dp|-ds|-de. [-|+]hh:mm or [-|+]days.fracday
small bug fixes,
- 2014-jan-12, version 0.14
- with shortcut --images and context menu handler --install|--uninstall
- 2013-jan-30, version 0.11
- on the web for download
More info/questions from:
rename9, rename, file, exif, context, folder, folders, prefix, suffix, create, accesed, write, exif,
filename, command, line, cmdline, windows, tool, utility